PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing Arduino softwere

killra
September 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Hello i'm new to this forum and kind of forums over all. also i'm new to linux.

I installed ubuntu 11.04 awhile ago and had alot of problem but mostly i have solved them by googleing a little.
but i have a arduino and when tried to install the software for it the package says "Dependency is not satisfiable: avr-libc (>= 1:1.7.1-2)".
i tried to install avr-libc and get "Dependency is not satisfiable: gcc-avr (>= 1:4.5.3-1)".
tried to install gcc-avr_4.5.3-2_amd64.deb(not sure if this is what i need) and get "Dependency is not satisfiable: libgmp10"
tried to install libgmp10-doc_5.0.1+dfsg-7ubuntu2_all.deb and it went fine!
but when i try to install gcc nothing has changed... i have tried some time and starting to get frustrated.
i have probably posted wrong and made mistakes at multiply stages so i ask for help :)

larryfeltonj
September 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I just successfully installed the arduino software a few minutes ago (well, I don't have my arduino yet, so I haven't been able to fully test, but the gui runs with no error). I used these instructions, and it only took a few minutes. Here's the URL:

http://www.pluggy.me.uk/arduino-ubuntu/

killra
September 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I reinstalled my computer after that i succesfully installed the software not sure what the problem was but i tested it on a different computer and it worked. so i reinstalled ubutnu on my main computer. i probobly failed at some point...