PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ctrl+V stops working after a while and does this other thing (11.10 beta1 64bits)

lobo_tuerto
September 8th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hello guys,

After some time has elapsed (don't know for sure) whenever I try to move or copy/paste files in nautilus, I can't no longer paste them with Ctrl+V.

The thing is that when I just booted into session if works flawlessly.

But after operating a bit, browsing, coding, etc., it does something else. It pastes the name of the file to the right lower corner of the window.You can see what it is doing in the attached picture.

Any pointers as to why could this be happening?

Dragonbite
September 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Is that the same effect as if you are in Nautilus and you start typing the name of a file? Like you are searching for one? I know some windows do it that way (like saving or something).

Can test it by opening nautilus and start typing. See if it does the same thing.

lobo_tuerto
September 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Yup the same effect, just tried it.

But, when I start typing, after just one character, the little text-field gets cleared and closes up. It isn't working either.

I mean, I can't type a complete word inside the window.
For example if I'm looking for the file "hola.txt", I start typing "h" then when I type "o" the little widget dissapears as if I had closed it manually.

Dragonbite
September 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I dunno. Maybe it is a Nautilus glitch, or something.

Just to rule out, make sure your keyboard doesn't have something funky (or sticky) playing havoc in the background, and try looking through log files (dmesg?) and see if anything shows up there?

Sorry, I don't think I can be much help in this instance.