PDA

View Full Version : Samsung courting Apple, Google and now Microsoft

Oxwivi
September 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It's a bit of a common knowledge that Samsung, manufacturer of iPhone/Pad parts, is being sued by Apple for creating their own range of smartphones and tablets running Android.

And now I was updated of an Ars Technica article (http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/09/microsoft-samsung-may-unveil-first-windows-8-tablet-next-week.ars) reporting that Samsung will unveil a tablet running Windows 8 at the Microsoft's BUILD conference.

Samsung is quite an interesting entity...

whatthefunk
September 8th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Why are they interesting? They are a hardware company. They make hardware for a variety of different operating systems. Why should they limit themselves to only making hardware for one OS?

Dragonbite
September 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
In this industry, and in this time for tech it's "be flexible or die"!

Not to mention, survival of the fittest really means survival of the adaptable!

beew
September 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I don't think "courting" means trying to get taken to court.

Oxwivi
September 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I don't think "courting" means trying to get taken to court.
Yes, I didn't mean that Samsung is taking anyone to court.

What I find interesting is that Samsung is entertaining three rivals at the very same time (while having troubles doing that, of course).

KUU
September 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
It's a bit of a common knowledge that Samsung, manufacturer of iPhone/Pad parts, is being sued by Apple for creating their own range of smartphones and tablets running Android.

And now I was updated of an Ars Technica article (http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/09/microsoft-samsung-may-unveil-first-windows-8-tablet-next-week.ars) reporting that Samsung will unveil a tablet running Windows 8 at the Microsoft's BUILD conference.

Samsung is quite an interesting entity...

Sorry Microsoft but the train has already left.

Dragonbite
September 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry Microsoft but the train has already left.

Actually, Microsoft has been running on tablets for years. They just never really marketed it, or finished it up and Apple walked away with the prize.

Oxwivi
September 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Aye, those were just half-arsed regular Windows with touch support.