PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Overly sticky cursor - windows and open apps sticking to my mouse!

kingtz
September 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
User experience: Newbie
Video Drivers: ATI proprietory drivers

So this has been bugging me and I can't seem to find any solutions by googling.

The issues is that when I am in workspace switcher mode (SUPER + S), open windows in certain workspaces will stick to my mouse cursor. For example, if I have Chrome fullscreen in workspace 1, and I move the cursor to around, the Chrome window will be stuck to it and will warp around. When I go into workspace 1 at this point, the Chrome window will remain warped.

This behavior isn't limited to Chrome. Other open programs such as Amarok will do this and warp around. Really annoying to say the least.

Another issue is when I try and move windows that are over a program that is in fullscreen mode underneath. For example, if I have Chrome in fullscreen mode and I drag another, smaller window - say, the Documents window - across the screen, over the open Chrome, Chrome will then warp to follow the movement of my cursor.

This issue happens very frequently, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause it and I'd like to fix it.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and has resolved it?
Let me know if more info is required.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: attached some screenshots. First one shows what happens when I move my cursor all the way to the right. Second one shows after I click on the warped workspace.

kingtz
September 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
bump

Joeb454
September 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Thread moved to Desktop Environments at OP request