PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity - Hacking - Yes I'm allowed do this!

amiacamal
September 7th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Long story short I started college again this week, and one one of my lecturers mentioned that we would be taking a look at tools like metasploit (Its a computer security and forensics class), I have a spare laptop thats been gathering dust (Mainly cos its old and crap) and i decided i'd try to see if i could hack into it in any way. Problem is i have no clue what im doing. at all. Iv installed metasploit, but no idea what to do now. Anyone have any experience with this?

[Disclaimer] I'm not doing this in an attempt to learn how to hack my friends etc, I'm just curious.

haqking
September 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Long story short I started college again this week, and one one of my lecturers mentioned that we would be taking a look at tools like metasploit (Its a computer security and forensics class), I have a spare laptop thats been gathering dust (Mainly cos its old and crap) and i decided i'd try to see if i could hack into it in any way. Problem is i have no clue what im doing. at all. Iv installed metasploit, but no idea what to do now. Anyone have any experience with this?

[Disclaimer] I'm not doing this in an attempt to learn how to hack my friends etc, I'm just curious.

Probably not allowed to be discussed here.

See the metasploit wiki http://www.metasploit.com/learn-more/penetration-testing-basics/

the rest you will learn in your class ;-)

s.fox
September 7th, 2011, 11:13 PM
This topic is not appropriate for this forum. If you are interested in learning more then I suggest you speak to your lecturer or look elsewhere for information.