PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Suggestions for how to associate short-cuts with modifier+mouse clicks?

soulspit
September 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone.

I am looking for a way to be able to, for example, hold meta+alt, right click on a window, and have that window close. In KDE (which I use) there is an option in Window Behavior in System Settings to be able to use a modifier to do certain actions (like move or minimize) which I use, but it's fairly limited and only lets you select a few, and "close window" isn't an option. I've also looked in Shortcuts and Gestures, and though the gestures confuse me somewhat, it doesn't seem like it's the answer I'm looking for.

I used to use compiz for this, but I got tired of compiz vomiting all over KDE and requiring that I kill it and start it up again (thereby mangling the layout of my windows across workspaces, etc) or even sometimes requiring that I reboot. I'm trying to get by without compiz, and KDE does indeed have pretty cool desktop effects. I suppose I could assign a shortcut to xkill, but that doesn't close things nicely and give them a chance to point out unsaved changes, etc.

I welcome any suggestions, whether they use KDE or some other program. Thanks a lot!

soulspit
September 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Bump please! This doesn't seem that hard a thing to accomplish. I don't want to have to use compiz again and repeatedly break Plasma.

soulspit
September 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM
One last bump? And thoughts would be really great, thanks!

soulspit
January 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM
This is an old-ish thread but I still haven't found any way to do this. I'm gonna give it one last bump. Anyone?