PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 lost my clocks

Nortsx
September 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I used to have a clocks in my 11.04 natty narval. But yesterday i made something(i m not sure but maybe marked the "do not show the clocks" option). How can i get em back? I used to seek over the internet and couldn t find the answer. Please help me

Frogs Hair
September 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hi and Welcome

Try opening the Time & Date application and in the clock tab you will find some display options . You may have to logout / in after changing any settings .
You wrote clocks , what programs have you installed to keep time ?

Nortsx
September 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I didn t install anything, i am meaning standart clocks on Unity panel. Where can i find Time & Date application?

raja.genupula
September 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/tips-for-ubuntu-11-04-testers/

Frogs Hair
September 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I didn t install anything, i am meaning standart clocks on Unity panel. Where can i find Time & Date application?

If using Unity search in dash or use the applications finder on the launcher .

raja.genupula
September 7th, 2011, 06:43 PM
about what you're asking ?
in the desktop at right top corner we usually have a clock , are you talking about that ?

or anything else

Nortsx
September 8th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Yes i m talking about that. About top right corner clocks) i dont know how i did it but i want em back very much

Nortsx
September 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/tips-for-ubuntu-11-04-testers/
I found it helpful, but i dont know the scheme for clocks) an org.ayatana.indicator.datetime isnt exactly thing that exists in my system)
P.S The clocks were also off on other Desktops(ubuntu classic and so on)
P.P.S I could add the clocks to the classic gnome but i still cant solve the problem with unity)

raja.genupula
September 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
open your date and time menu which is presented in system menu .
in that first option i think show clock is there , mark it . i think you had unmarked it . just mark it then everything gonna be fine . i am outside that why i am unable to post a image to you abt what i am saying .