PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reboot during install and wont boot from cd

killakrishook3r
September 7th, 2011, 05:09 AM
ive tried 11.04 and 11.10 64bit on cd and usb.i can boot to live cd on pinguy 11.04 but am also finding trouble installing it too. something is wrong with motherboard b/c i cant install windows 7 but i can get xp to work, i think it might be something with bios or drivers, im upgrading mobo soon so hoping that will fix it. im also brand new to linux and all this stuff so thanks far any help

MAFoElffen
September 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
ive tried 11.04 and 11.10 64bit on cd and usb.i can boot to live cd on pinguy 11.04 but am also finding trouble installing it too. something is wrong with motherboard b/c i cant install windows 7 but i can get xp to work, i think it might be something with bios or drivers, im upgrading mobo soon so hoping that will fix it. im also brand new to linux and all this stuff so thanks far any help
Explain "pinguy'?

What is your hardware? Motherbaord brand, ID and number? Grapghics? Hard Disk type and size? How much memory?

e79
September 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM
You might simply have unsupported hardware, or the mobo is defective or has an old BIOS...or else.

Try updating the BIOS if you're adventurous enough...

And either be more specific for your installation problems and/or you could also visit the PinguyOS Forum (http://forum.pinguyos.com/).

killakrishook3r
September 8th, 2011, 12:42 AM
it doesnt matter, i just ordered a new mobo so that i can duel boot ubuntu and win 7. every component in my comp works on other setups so i think somethings wrong with motherboard, 50 bucks isnt bad to fix theproblem, thanks anyways
and i did try updating bios but several complications came into play and i didnt want to F it up