PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't scroll the window - Ubuntu 11.04 netbook Toshiba

jczernia
September 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hi
I just installed ubuntu 11.04 on my new netbook Toshiba NB-305 (intel graphic@1024x600)and some windows (preferences window in Evolution for example) seems to be too big. Can't see the bottom or sometimes the up of them. There is no scroll available so it makes pretty hard to operate. It looks like the size of the screen is not correctly calculated, as on another example had an issue with popup window in firefox. The web page was scrolled correctly while the popup was moving in line with scroll but the bottom of popup was out of the screen all the time. Another issue I found (but have no clear reproduction path) the pointed folder was not the one the mouse was over. Example: had a list of folders and the selected folder was one row above the mouse pointer was over. This problem disappeared itself after a while.
Please help me to solve it, as this machine is used by my wife, and tricky workarounds are not the option for daily usage ;)
Regards & thanks in advance
jacek

nothingspecial
September 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi, I don't know how to fix the underlying problem, but if you hold down the Alt key you can click any area of the window and drag it up.

jczernia
September 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for reply, have no machine with me now to try it, but dragging the window up is not the problem. I feel like the format 16:9 is not correctly supported. Opening the window in full screen still some part of the window is missing (and no scroll available). Evening can load screen shot.

jczernia
September 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hi
Thanks for hint, it works :). However it seems for me to be a bug in software. What's your recommendation? Should I submit it to ubuntu bug tracking system? I attach some screen examples