PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no option to select Ubuntu OS, system automatically switching to Window7

pcvaishnav
September 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
hello all,
greetings!

Ubuntu New for me, I have successfully installed Ubuntu 11.04 Along with Windows7. After installation i have restarted my computer.

I have installed Ubuntu inside Windows through a USB flash Drive.

But there is no option to select Ubuntu OS, system automatically switching to Window7.

Please help me out, what i have to do run Ubuntu OS Along with Windows7.

Regards,
pc vaishnav

Sef
September 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Use a Live CD/USB and to the terminal copy and paste this command
sudo fdisk -l.

copy and paste the results here.

Dumbutt
September 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I'm a newbe too, but know the problem you're referring to, so try this: Do a reboot, restart...and have your finger on the "Down Arrow" on your keyboard, as soon as you see the purple screen with a type written list in the upper left hand corner pop up, ~[it only stays there for a couple seconds or so, before moving on to the start up.] As soon as you see the typed written list, Quickly hit your down arrow to freeze it there, read the list to select the OS that you want to boot up, [with your up / down arrows & hit Enter.] In the Windows system, you can also type "Misconfig" into your "Search" and look at your boot-ins, see how many 'seconds' you have set for your delay on the boot screen, you can give yourself 10 seconds, or 15 seconds or ? so as to give yourself enough time to read your options on the reboot screen, to select the OS that you want too. Hope this helps!

Mark Phelps
September 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
The entry you need to make in Windows is "MSCONFIG" -- Not Misconfig.