PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Disabling Launcher/Deleting panels

NattyNoobCake
September 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
1) How would I go about deleting the launcher in ubuntu 11.04? I don't want to remove the bar used by unity because i prefer the search feature but i just want the side launcher gone so i can use docky in it's place
2) How would i delete the bottom panel in Ubuntu 11.04 classic? right clicking and selecting "remove panels" doesn't work because when i right click, the only options on the menu are "Help" and "About Panels"

an answer to either of these questions would be appreciated :)

note: my compiz enabled

Krytarik
September 5th, 2011, 11:00 PM
1) How would I go about deleting the launcher in ubuntu 11.04? I don't want to remove the bar used by unity because i prefer the search feature but i just want the side launcher gone so i can use docky in it's place
Please see this earlier post:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11192967#post11192967

2) How would i delete the bottom panel in Ubuntu 11.04 classic? right clicking and selecting "remove panels" doesn't work because when i right click, the only options on the menu are "Help" and "About Panels"
Make sure that the key "/apps/panel/global/locked_down" is not enabled in "gconf-editor".

Greetings.

kerry_s
September 5th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Log out & select gnome classic in the session menu, you have to select your user for it to show.

raja.genupula
September 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
and every time if you want the ubuntu classic as your session then system settings--> login screen gonna help you on this .