PDA

View Full Version : The Drake is REALLY Dapper !

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 04:14 AM
I just had to say after trying quite a number of different distros out, which I do periodically, The Drake is REALLY Dapper!

I just updated with a burned CD of the RC. I missed the Drake and I have decided that I am done testing other Distros from now on, Ubuntu has all I need.

henriquemaia
May 29th, 2006, 04:55 AM
I just had to say after trying quite a number of different distros out, which I do periodically, The Drake is REALLY Dapper!

I just updated with a burned CD of the RC. I missed the Drake and I have decided that I am done testing other Distros from now on, Ubuntu has all I need.

Dapper is exciting. At least for me. I'm really impressed by it. Looking forward to the final release to update my girlfriend's computer with it and hear what she is going to say (she has Breezy).

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Dapper is exciting. At least for me. I'm really impressed by it. Looking forward to the final release to update my girlfriend's computer with it and hear what she is going to say (she has Breezy).

She is sooo going to love you for the Dapper Drake.

(maybe you should get a bottle of wine and celebrate?)

briancurtin
May 29th, 2006, 05:03 AM
i dont understand your use of any of the terminology in this thread.

henriquemaia
May 29th, 2006, 05:19 AM

We're just jabbering around in a new and strange language called Ubuntu.

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 05:23 AM

Perhaps you should download, burn, and try the new RC alternate, and get back to us afterwards?

mstlyevil
May 29th, 2006, 05:25 AM
The Drake is really Dapper! I have been using it since FLT4 and I switch totally from Breezy to Drake shortly thereafter.

Dapper gives the big boys Suse and Fedora Core a real run for their money.

briancurtin
May 29th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Perhaps you should download, burn, and try the new RC alternate, and get back to us afterwards?
not interested

i was just wondering how the word dapper was being used

Jucato
May 29th, 2006, 07:01 AM
not interested

i was just wondering how the word dapper was being used

They were probably using the word "dapper" the way it should be, meaning "refined" or something like that.

papangul
May 29th, 2006, 07:49 AM
From http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dapper :

adj : marked by smartness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat" [syn: dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, smart, spiffy, snappy, spruce]

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM
yes to the above and both root meanings of the word.

[Middle English daper, elegant, probably from Middle Dutch dapper, quick, strong.]

Ubuntu Dapper Drake: elegant, quick, & strong.

SleepyZ
May 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
[Middle English daper, elegant, probably from Middle Dutch dapper, quick, strong.].

Actually the current meaning of "Dapper" in Dutch is "Brave". Could have evolved over the centuries though.

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Actually the current meaning of "Dapper" in Dutch is "Brave". Could have evolved over the centuries though.

"elegant and brave" I like that

Rackerz
May 29th, 2006, 02:30 PM
The Drake is really Dapper! I have been using it since FLT4 and I switch totally from Breezy to Drake shortly thereafter.

Dapper gives the big boys Suse and Fedora Core a real run for their money.

Here Here! It really is, I can't stand SuSE anymore after trying Dapper, before trying I could just about stand it, but this RC absolutely kicks butt! I'm impressed, I remember back in December/January I wouldn't even try Dapper out.

Sammi
May 29th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I serously think that Dapper Drake is a milestone in Linux distribution history.

It's very bug-free, extremely easy to use distributions and works with almost 100% functionality out-of-the-box - AND IT'S FREE!

Please take a moment to reflect over which other distributions have ever achieved this... can you think of any? Not even an expencive one like SUSE or Red Hat?

Hands down: Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 is the best distribution EVER!

henriquemaia
May 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I serously think that Dapper Drake is a milestone in Linux distribution history.

It's very bug-free, extremely easy to use distributions and works with almost 100% functionality out-of-the-box - AND IT'S FREE!

Please take a moment to reflect over which other distributions have ever achieved this... can you think of any? Not even an expencive one like SUSE or Red Hat?

Hands down: Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 is the best distribution EVER!
And we must also remember this: How long is Ubuntu on the market? How many Ubuntu versions were releases until now? Compared to other distros around, the pace is unbelievable. I remember the first time I heard Ubuntu on Distrowatch... I couldn't imagine myself using it then.

Tikkun olam
May 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I am new to Ubuntu and I have to say I am quite impressed.

I prefer Ubuntu Dapper Drake over OS X, XP, SUSE, Fedora, and any other Linux or BSD Distro.

I predict a mass migration from all other OS's to Ubuntu once the word gets out how great the Dapper Drake really is.

Dapper Drake is the finest OS in existence.

therunnyman
May 29th, 2006, 06:48 PM
The Drake Dapper? Pfeh. It doesn't properly recognize The SATA DIsk of Science and Justice.

But I'm using it anyway.

runny