PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] autorun.. driver installations ugh!

theperfecttime22
September 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
trying to install drivers for my mobo, audio interface etc. trying to run the autorun prompt i receive an error of 'error autorunning software cannot find the autorun program'. so i manually attempt to open the .exe and run it like that but still i get the same reaction. What to do, to do?

Side note, 11.04 didn't like my hardware configuration so it stuck me with classic. maybe that is a reason? and if so, what do i do so i can get my stuff working?

nidzo732
September 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forums.
You can't install windows drivers (exe files) on ubuntu, post your hardware specs here, maybe someone can help you.

westie457
September 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Hello, welcome to UF.
The issue you are having is the fact that the assorted drivers you are trying to install are Windows drivers.

The clue is the .exe part of the file name.

Windows drivers and programs - except in some circumstances do not work and are generally avoided.

Generally speaking about 95% of all hardware in a computer works straight out of the box with Linux drivers. There are occasions some things do not work as they should and here in the Forums is a very good place to come for help.

A lot of people here work miracles with problem solving however the impossible is beyond help

Can you give a few specifications for your machine. That way somebody might be able to help you.