PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problem

sudip313
September 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
I have a Laptop with AMD dual core 2.1 GHz, 2GB RAM. While installing Ubuntu 10.10 in my machine, it is starting initialization, but after a while, the installation process is getting stopped automatically giving some unknown commands.
What may be the cause and solution for the same ?
Kindly confirm at the earliest.

Hakunka-Matata
September 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Have you downloaded, prepared, etc. etc. as shown in Ubuntu's install page?

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

If so and it doesn't work, please state more precisely what happens, where in the process it fails.

sudip313
September 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I have a toshiba c650 laptop with AMD 2.1GHz processor and 2 GB RAM. I already have windos 7 on that machine.... when i am going to install Ubuntu 10.10 along side the windos its give problem.....

I got some info that ACPI is not supported.........I disalbed it at the time of booting pressing the shift key....and installation have been finished.......But after installation when I restart the laptop at the end of command prompt it gives some error.............

And after restart i saw ubuntu and win7 but when i want to enter in ubuntu it doesnt enter...shift keys r not working that i disable ACPI again......

howefield
September 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Threads merged, please stick to one thread. makes life easier for anyone who can offer assistance.

sudip313
September 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I have ubuntu 10.10 original CD.