PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Super Commands Not Working in Unity

Mangey
September 3rd, 2011, 03:32 AM
When I first installed 11.04 and Unity a week ago, I was having no problem with the range of super + commands, such as super+w to display the open windows, or super+f to show the applications launcher. They are no longer working, and I'm not quite sure why.

What's puzzling is that super+d, to hide and then reshow my windows does still work. Suppose that I hold down the super button, and hit "D." It hides my windows. If I continue to hold down the super button, and hit "D," it will exhibit the expected behavior and minimize and un-minimize my open windows. Yet, if I hit "w" or "f," it just types the w or f in this window. In other words, it is not seeing it as related to the super key in the same way that the "D" is. I'm particularly puzzled since this worked before, and I'm not sure what I could have done to mess it up.

I'm also not quite sure where to look for any relevant diagnostic information, so I am finding it difficult to provide enough information for any potential help to go on. Still, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for places to look, or what might have caused this change for one some of the super commands, I would be most appreciative.

Mangey
September 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Problem solved - I had installed Unity 2D for use when working on battery, and it was set to my default on login. When I switched back to regular Unity, those commands worked again.