PDA

View Full Version : Something like Cyberduck (automatic sync after edit) for linux?

dracule
September 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
I have been using Cyberduck for Mac for a long time, and after I edit a file it will automatically be uploaded to my server (via SSH).

I am trying out filezilla, but i need to switch back to the filezilla window and confirm the upload. The forums say that there is no way that filezilla will ever remove this.

Is there something else that will work on linux that is as nice to use/seamless as Cyberduck? I don't care if there is a .01% chance of file corruption that the filezilla team seems to be overly concerned with.

LowSky
September 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Why not create a network share over SSH? I'm not sure of the exact details of how to do it but I think it would be a better option.

pelle.k
September 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't nautilus do s(ftp), samba AND sshfs mounting on the fly, like MacFusion, allowing you to edit files as if they are local files, taking away the need for client software such as filezilla?

dracule
September 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't nautilus do s(ftp), samba AND sshfs mounting on the fly, like MacFusion, allowing you to edit files as if they are local files, taking away the need for client software such as filezilla?
Woah, well now I am glad I made the switch. :)

Works perfectly.

pelle.k
September 2nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Woah, well now I am glad I made the switch. :)

Works perfectly.

Yes, it's damn slick. I always wondered why apple didn't include such functionality in Finder really! Hope things continue to work out for ya! :)