PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] error in updating

mulceber
September 2nd, 2011, 05:36 AM
Hi, I've run into a problem with updating recently, and I thought you guys could give me some advice: for the past month or so, every time I try to update Natty, the update manager will get part-way through the download before delivering the following message:

"CD/DVD 'Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_-Alpha i386 (20110705.1) is required

Please insert the above CD/DVD into the drive '/media/cdrom/' to install software packages from it."

I remember making a CD for the the Oneiric Alpha 2, but I never really got anywhere with it, and I fail to see what use it could be in updating Natty. I tried i inserting the Oneiric Alpha 2 disc anyway, but it the update manager then delivered the following message:

"Failed to download package files

Check your Internet connection.

Details: Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Alpha i386 (20110705.1)]/pool/main/p/patch/patch_2.6.1-2_i386.deb Unable to stat the mount point /media/Ubuntu\04011.10\040i386/ - stat (2: No such file or directory)"

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to fix this little issue? I'd really like to be able to continue updating Ubuntu.

mörgæs
September 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Try to search in this forum:
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=403

mulceber
September 3rd, 2011, 12:31 AM
I did - I didn't find anything even remotely resembling my problem. -M

sum1nil
September 3rd, 2011, 02:21 AM
You may want to try to start update manager and press the settings button and then I think it lives under the 'Other Software' tab. Simply uncheck that checkbox and hopefully it will get rid of the problem.

I hope I understood your problem correctly because this happened to me too.:popcorn:

mulceber
September 3rd, 2011, 02:27 AM
Just tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks! :P -M

mörgæs
September 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Good, then please mark the thread 'solved'.

mulceber
September 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry for my lack of expertise, but how exactly do I do that?

Edit: never mind, figured it out.