PDA

View Full Version : C# Graphical Programming (Similar to Microsoft XNA)

Dr Belka
September 2nd, 2011, 05:00 AM
So I'm taking a class in college that uses C# with Microsoft XNA. In the class, we make simple little games to demonstrate concepts and whatnot.

When I use MS Visual Studio 2010 at school, the program has a specific XNA solution template and it sets up everything for me. It's so easy, it spoils me.

I want to try my hand at graphical programming on linux using C#/Mono. I would like to use Monodevelop as the IDE.

Does anyone know of any good platforms (OpenGL? Tao?) that would be similar to XNA? Does anyone know where I can find some tutorials?

I honestly know nothing about graphical programming and the associated frameworks and platforms and whatnot.

directhex
September 3rd, 2011, 02:26 AM
There's a library on Github called MonoGame which can do 2D XNA stuff.

Or generally speaking, Tao is considered good enough as a framework (e.g. the indie game Spacechem is a cross-platform .NET game using Tao)

Dr Belka
September 5th, 2011, 05:27 AM
There's a library on Github called MonoGame which can do 2D XNA stuff.

Or generally speaking, Tao is considered good enough as a framework (e.g. the indie game Spacechem is a cross-platform .NET game using Tao)

Thanks! I've heard the same about Tao. I just can't find any good documentation/tutorials about it. I'm generally good at googling things to avoid having to ask on the forums.

Would you know of anywhere I could learn more about Tao?