PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboards not recognized / working

pederbruusgaard
September 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hi,
I am having some trouble with a couple of keyboards, one is the Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless Keyboard and the other is the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth Keyboard.

So, the first one, the Lenovo, has an accompanying wireless mouse, that works out of the box with the USB dongle plugged in. The keyboard, on the other hand, does not respond in any way. The drivers that came with it are all for Windows, and so are the ones on the Lenovo site. I guess it's not meant to be used with Ubuntu, but nothing seems to be, so I just gave it a shot. Anyway, has anyone made this setup work?

The other keyboard's problem seems to be that my laptop can't find it. When I open the bluetooth "set up new device", it just keeps searching forever without finding the keyboard... This one didn't come with any CD, by the way.

Any suggestions? If I can make just one of them work, I'm a happy guy :)

Thanks!

pederbruusgaard
September 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Never mind. Started working all of a sudden :)

jon6000
October 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hi - which one just started working for you? I have the same Lenovo Ultraslim keyboard and mouse, and have had no luck so far in getting the keyboard to work.

jon6000
November 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Was just about to pack this away, tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in, voila, started working!