PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I FIX the Black Screen after install ?

Dumbutt
September 1st, 2011, 06:14 AM
Hello all... I'm pulling my hair out here.. I have a H.P. 2003 Pen.4 Windows XP Home addition with a Service pack 3, I've had the MS updates turned off for last few years, and deleted the DRM and Win.Dis-Advantage Tool out of registry, try to run as many open-source programs as possible...

Don't know if any of the above has anything to do with the problem I'm having with installing Ubuntu 11.04 or not...
I gave Ubuntu a try with the live disk.. It worked great, got onto the Firefox page okay too.. then I tried to do the install along side windows after the reboot of the live CD.
I gave it awhile to do it's thing, and when I returned to the computer, the screen was solid BLACK.. like the screen was turned off or something..

I tried the ESC/Enter keys and then a long string of writing popped up on the black screen...ea. line said error...error....ect..

I couldn't get it to unlock ~off of that black page...so took the CD out and held the computer button in until it shut down the computer...

~ Did a reboot.. back to normal windows just fine.. Checked the PC drives and saw that the MMC/SD {G} and the Compact Flash I/II {H} were there too..
When I clicked to explore those drives, got an Error message pop up box that said the drives are not FORMATTED.. and to click to format them would result in a loss of data..
Sorry for such a long explain...

Hoping someone can help ???

How do I uninstall the Ubuntu ?

papibe
September 1st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Maybe this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535&highlight=black) would help.

Regards.

Dumbutt
September 1st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the link to that thread...but that technical university stuff is way over my head...
Wish there was some simple button to click ... or a fix it tool for this...

Do you know how I can delete the install and start over???
I can't understand why it didn't work...as I follow the instructions to the letter.. :-{

Dumbutt
September 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Ah...Ha... Found the instructions for uninstalling the ubuntu...but a lot of free space now..
So maybe I can figure out how to get it to install right ??? Thank you kindly...