PDA

View Full Version : A Blog On Linux !

lyfzopen
August 31st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hey guys , I've started a blog on Linux (Ubuntu , mainly) that address basic as well as advanced issues related to the OS ... please check it out and give suggestions !

here's the Link :
http://linuxnewborns.blogspot.com/

jtarin
August 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
And the URL would be????

elliotn
August 31st, 2011, 08:15 AM
OMGubuntu is my favorite lol good job though

jtarin
August 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hey guys , I've started a blog on Linux (Ubuntu , mainly) that address basic as well as advanced issues related to the OS ... please check it out and give suggestions !

here's the Link :
http://linuxnewborns.blogspot.com/Nice blog....could turn into something quite informative. Suggestions??? Maybe look at the beginner forums and try to determine what the most wanted topic answers are and do some write ups on those.

lyfzopen
September 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hey , thanks for the suggestions guys ...
I'll make sure its informative and helpful ..

(btw the blog got 69 page views yesterday :P )

sanderd17
September 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Nice blog....could turn into something quite informative. Suggestions??? Maybe look at the beginner forums and try to determine what the most wanted topic answers are and do some write ups on those.

+1

You can learn a lot of things while helping newbies, and you can write about those things later on.

jerenept
September 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Another Linux blog? The 9001 current ones aren't enough?

sffvba[e0rt
September 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
Another Linux blog? The 9001 current ones aren't enough?

I am sure you do not have to read it... but OP is more than welcome to write it ;)

fatality_uk
September 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Yes there are 1,000's of Linux blogs and another isn't going to hurt or help to be honest from the looks of it.

@OP, I would suggest you make it a niche blog, say "Linux at Home" of "Linux for Apple 1 owners". This will give you a hook for people to come back again. Most of what I think you are likely to write will already be out there in cyberspace somewhere and a LOT higher up the Google rankings than you are currently.

shobon
September 2nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
Oh boy, another one.

Aquix
September 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
I say bring it on, give us more blogs and may the best one win. And if you don't find anything to write about hit the ubuntu / linux /distro channels on irc to see what old and new users are dealing with. Another thing is that you might not get many followers but it you write a good post to solve a problem, it will show up in google searches. good luck :KS

CarlosFerreira
September 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
You seem to be doing the exact opposite of me, and going all out with terminal. Fair enough, I like the way it's shaping up!

hhh
September 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Linux blog? Aren't there a ton of distros out there that DON'T use apt?

Otherwise, nice.

sanderd17
September 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Linux blog? Aren't there a ton of distros out there that DON'T use apt?

Otherwise, nice.

Right: great tip for the OP.

@OP: if you want to write for Linux in general, try a distro with a complete other philosophy. Ubuntu tries to do everything out-of-the-box. So I would suggest you try a do-it-yourself distro like Arch.

In Arch, you basically start with nothing but a basic command line (from which you have to configure your internet and package manager) and a bunch of information in the Arch Wiki.

If you try a distro from the complete oposite point of view, you will be able to write about general Linux stuff and you will also be able to understand Ubuntu more.