PDA

View Full Version : Linux jobs ad on a billboard?

u-noob-tu
August 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
my dad is called me today and told me he saw a billboard that said "Do you know Linux?" with a URL beneath it. He couldnt remember what is was, though. hes sure it was some kind of job ad. has anyone seen this sign and remember the website?

on a side note, my dad continues to say "Lie-nicks". It drives me nuts.

Dyzphagia
August 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I saw a bunch of these back in Texas. Between Dallas and San Antonio. The ones I saw were for Hostgator. They wanted a position in Houston. I don't know if that's what your father saw or not.

lykwydchykyn
August 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM
There's one outside of Nashville too. Pretty sure it's for Hostgator.

don762003
August 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah it's hostgator. They have them all over here in Tampa, St. petersburg FL

N00b-un-2
August 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
we've got those signs here in Phoenix AZ too. Out of curiosity I looked into it and it seems as though they're recruiting for jobs in Texas. No jobs in Phoenix though.

haqking
August 30th, 2011, 06:17 PM
on a side note, my dad continues to say "Lie-nicks". It drives me nuts.

show him this from the horses mouth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEsoKiZTvk

bxcrx
August 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I saw one while drving in through PA. I don't remember if it was on 76, or 78 though.

Dangertux
August 30th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Yep Host Gator, also hiring in Atlanta currently; they have their billboards all over the place down here.

u-noob-tu
August 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
i just checked them out. it looks like they only have 4 positions open, one of which is a Linux Systems Admin. Unfortunately, im not nearly qualified for that. They do have two tech support openings in texas, though.

lykwydchykyn
August 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
You gotta wonder about a company that puts up billboards across the southeast US to fill four jobs.

Kinda screams "revolving door", doesn't it?

Thewhistlingwind
August 30th, 2011, 08:10 PM
You gotta wonder about a company that puts up billboards across the southeast US to fill four jobs.

Kinda screams "revolving door", doesn't it?

More like "revolving cannon".

You walk in, and then your shot back out the door.

jonathonblake
August 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM

It probably is cheaper to purchase a nationwide contract, than a specific billboard location for a specific length of time.

jonathon