PDA

View Full Version : What about Ubuntu TV (TV streaming) ?

honeybear
August 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Since streaming or podcast is rather common nowadays, and Ubuntu has proven and become a large community:

- Is there or will we have an Ubuntu Linux TV stream?

--
May Ubuntu be with you, always ;)

sffvba[e0rt
August 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Hi,

Since streaming or podcast is rather common nowadays, and Ubuntu has proven and become a large community:

- Is there or will we have an Ubuntu Linux TV stream?

--
May Ubuntu be with you, always ;)

... but what would it show... a default desktop?

akand074
August 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Well we do already have MythBuntu.

sffvba[e0rt
August 29th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Well we do already have MythBuntu.

Either you or me is missing OP's point...

meh_phistopheles
August 30th, 2011, 02:23 AM
are you talking about streaming every single free-over-the-air tv channel from across the united states over the internet? because i was thinking about that recently, and decided it would be amazing to have like 50 different PBSs to choose from.

Aquix
August 30th, 2011, 06:43 AM
If anyone going to do that I think it will be one of the blogs like OMGubuntu.

But I don't think there is enough for a 24/7 news channel :P

honeybear
August 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Maybe to show some tricks with Linux, hints for coding, geek stuffs, geek informatic objects, even why not selling linux products, and also the most importnat LINUX gaming ...

It would be really gorgeous to have that ;)

Erik1984
August 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Linux Action Show comes closest to what you describe probably although it is less technical. They give quite some attention to games. http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/show/linuxactionshow/

honeybear
September 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Linux Action Show comes closest to what you describe probably although it is less technical. They give quite some attention to games. http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/show/linuxactionshow/

woult it be there a stream URL/LINK for mplayer to the show ie. rstp, stream or other not just youtube, man or flash?