PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wine newb. Help me play StarCraft I

ninjaaron
August 29th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I've been using Linux for several years, but never WINE, as I'm not really a gamer. I recently wanted to play Starcraft again for nostalgia's sake.

I got a hold of some ISO's and the installer seemed to work fine under WINE, but when I went to play, it said the disk wasn't in the drive (the ISO was mounted with furious, however).

I burned a CD and put that in the drive, and it still said there was no CD.

I did a search and got some info from WineHQ. It knows about the problem, and has information to fix it, but I didn't really understand exactly what I was supposed to do, being a total newb to wine, and not having used Windows for years.

These are the instructions it gave:

To install from the BattleChest, just copy the executable from the first CD and the installer mpqs from both CDs into the same directory. Copy protection didn't give me trouble, but if it does, you can always have wine mount the directory as a CD.

There were a couple of executables on the first CD, and I don't know what an installer mpqs is. I also don't know if this is a specific directory or just any directory.

p.s. the campaign editor works just fine.

ninjaaron
August 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Had to configure my drives under Wine, then used loop mounting to mount the iso files in one of the mount locations.

Now all your swarm are belong to me.