PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP 110 Netbook

alpetjr
August 29th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have a HP 110 1125NR netbook that I want to install Ubuntu on. It will only boot to the harddrive and I updated the bios. Instead of dual booting with wubi, I would rather get rid of windows on it totally. Anyone have any Ideas? Thanks.

alpetjr
August 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Isn't that the same as running Ubuntu inside of windows?

Mark Phelps
August 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't try virtualization on that PC. Netbooks are notoriously underpowered, with low speed processors and little memory -- both of which spell disaster for trying to use virtualization.

If you CAN boot from USB on the netbook, you should research Unetbootin to see how to make a USB stick containing an Ubuntu distro -- and then boot from that, using the Try Ubuntu option.

Do NOT force an install until after you try using Ubuntu for a while. This will give you a chance to see how well it detects your hardware and loads the proper drivers.

alpetjr
August 29th, 2011, 09:17 PM
It will not boot from a USB. Only from the harddrive.

alpetjr
September 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM
It would show USB on boot. I have been trying alot of things to get Ubuntu on the mini. I keep getting partman errors. I have tried both on CD and thumb drive. Get same error. I have tried Ultimate Edition lite and Lubuntu minimum install.