PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dependency problems when installing program

river226
August 29th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I am trying to install SloMoVideo on my computer, and have been running into issues with dependencies. I have managed to grab everything that I need, but then run into an issue during install. The package i am having issues with is Nvidia-current which from what i can tell is installed.

I run a modest system over all, with ATI graphics which may be messing stuff up. But the Nvidia installers seem fine installing along side ATI's drivers so i am not sure what to make of it. Any advice?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/129650/Screenshot.png

Frogs Hair
August 29th, 2011, 01:52 AM
It looks like the program uses Nvidia drivers as part of the dependencies and you have an ATI card . Do you have a link to the software because it is not in the 11.04 software center .

LifeBringer
August 29th, 2011, 06:32 AM
The site says that it's graphic cards neutral, but the dependencies are old. So much for being an ETH Zurich thesis.

Hakunka-Matata
August 29th, 2011, 07:27 AM
river226: I notice you're on 11.04 64bit. I know some program's dependencies for 64bit vs. 32bit are different. Maybe you'd like to try to install it on a 32 bit Architecture OS as a test?
EDIT: I just noticed it's a 64bit.deb, sorry

After a bit more investigating, I downloaded the .deb, software center opened automatically as it does when downloading .deb, and showed the dependency problem straight out of the gate.......... see attached.

EDIT: (again), the list goes on, after installing the lib shown in the .png, I tried once again to download and install the application, more dependency problems, and looking into those dependencies i see references to 10.04, and other earlier Releases of Ubuntu. My guess is that the package will be a big hassle to get running in natty, I'll try it on 10.10, or 10.04 later, and see if that works.