PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot find drive

Metalbot
August 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I've installed ubuntu alongside Windows Xp. I installed Ubuntu in drive F: (as in Windows - which is not my system directory). When I start Ubuntu, I cannot see this drive. I can see all the other logical partitions. What do I do to settle this issue?

Thank you.

TeoBigusGeekus
August 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM
If you've installed ubuntu in f:, then the f: drive has become your file system (/) and your home folder (/home).

Metalbot
August 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I see. But i still don't see the same directories in "File System" that i have on Windows Xp. I have many other documents in that drive (in windows) that i cannot see in Ubuntu. What do i do?

Thank you.

Mark Phelps
August 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
The only way you can install Ubuntu to a Windows "drive" is to install via Wubi. In that case, your Windows filesystem is mounted under "/host".

Metalbot
August 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
you're right. I found what i was looking for. Thank you. :)

Wim Sturkenboom
August 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM
If it's solved, please mark your thread as soloved using the thread tools just above the first post on this page.

You should be able to find your windows drives in the places menu (like 120GB filesystem or the label of the partition) if you made a dual boot (which is basically how I interprete 'alongside').
If you used wubi, you installed installed 'inside' windows.