PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless networks: device not ready(firmware missing)

ankit prashar
August 28th, 2011, 06:40 AM
hi,
Recently i've updated my UBUNTU from 10.10 to 11.04, nd in both of the formats i was

having the same problem with my network wireless.

I m having problems with my wireless connection,i've read some one else's posts nd it

asks to do some command work: it may help you knowing the problem

lspci -vnn |grep 14e4

the lspci commands says:

03:00.0 network controller [0280] : Broadcom corporation BCM4312 802.1lb/g LP-PHY

[14e4:4315] (rev 01)

hopefully it does not sounds foolish to you:]

if i do need to do some thing plz suggest

please help,itz getting onto my nerves:@

thanks for any suggestion:)

anewguy
August 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM
If you can connect via a hard-wired connection to your router, do so. Then do the following:

open a terminal window
type: sudo apt-get update <press enter>
wait for the above to complete
go to system/administration/additional drivers (may be called something different if you are using the Unity desktop). This should run for a while and connect to the net to try to download drivers.
when the above finishes, if there is a driver shown that is for your wireless but is not enabled, try enabling it.

gandaran
August 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
03:00.0 network controller [0280] : Broadcom corporation BCM4312 802.1lb/g LP-PHY
and if by any chance the driver enabled from additional drivers still doesn't work (sometime happens) you can follow this thread to install the right firmware
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10796508&postcount=44

anewguy
August 29th, 2011, 04:18 AM
and if by any chance the driver enabled from additional drivers still doesn't work (sometime happens) you can follow this thread to install the right firmware
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10796508&postcount=44
Thanks for posting that link! I've used it before to get a 4306 working using the "all" firmware package, and I wanted to post a link but I couldn't find the thread! So....THANKS!!

Dave ;)