PDA

View Full Version : how do I get rid of mozilla firefox?

Dungeon_Beast
August 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I downloaded the latest version of mozilla filrefox and it is LAME! It ate my navigation bar and everything seems to default to google chrome. I can't navigate without using google - which makes me want to smack my monitor. How do I go back to an old version of firefox that was google free?

overdrank
August 28th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Moved to Absolute Beginner Talk

dniMretsaM
August 28th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I downloaded the latest version of mozilla filrefox and it is LAME! It ate my navigation bar and everything seems to default to google chrome. I can't navigate without using google - which makes me want to smack my monitor. How do I go back to an old version of firefox that was google free?

Right-click on empty space (next to the search bar) and make sure that "Navigation Bar" is ticked. You might also try clicking on "Customize" and seeing if the navigation bar is in there.

raja.genupula
August 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases

go and get the version what ever you want . uninstall your current version and then install the downloaded version .

dodo3773
August 28th, 2011, 06:56 AM
You can make the newer versions of Firefox look and act just like the older ones if you wanted too. The only difference being the newer one would be faster and more secure. In fact I feel that Firefox is probably one of the most (if not the most) customizable main stream browsers out there. Also, what does Google Chrome have to with Firefox? If you are missing your bookmarks toolbar and want your tabs on the bottom that is easily fixable without downgrading.

Dungeon_Beast
August 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the advice. I got my navigation menu back. I also got Opera running as an alternative.

XubuRoxMySox
August 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm just say'n because you wanted something "like an older version of Firefox," you might just want to try Seamonkey!

It's the default on Puppy Linux because it's so lightweight - yet it's a Mozilla product (many Firefox extensions work on it) and combines a Thunderbird-like e-mail client with an "old-Firefox-like" browser. So it kinda sorta does what Opera does. Kinda sorta.