PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Icons appearing on the right side of indicator applet

dotsi
August 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Icons from applications (Spotify, Skype, etc.) seem to appear on the right side of my indicator applet, instead of left, where they should be. How to fix this?

See the attached image.

Krytarik
August 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Concluding that you are using classic Gnome, you can just right-click on the Notification Area, which holds the icons you are talking about, choose "Move", and then move it to where you like it. 'Just' means here you need to find a pixel where to get its context menu, and not those of the items it holds, which isn't easy most of the time. ;-)

Possibly you need to unlock it or the items between its current location and the desired location before. Re-located panel items are almost always (if not a bug or another error) the result of changing the screen resolution.

Greetings.

dotsi
August 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, that was it, thanks. :)

Never thought it would be that easy. The correct pixels actually were quite easy to find, as there are these three small horizontal bars right next to the icon notification area.

omear
August 27th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hi,

I have a similar problem. If you see attached screen shot, some icons are appearing incorrectly. I guess it theme / icon related error but don't know how to fix this.

I am on Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks

madjr
August 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I have a similar problem. If you see attached screen shot, some icons are appearing incorrectly. I guess it theme / icon related error but don't know how to fix this.

I am on Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks

you should both post that in the 11.10 dev forum and open a bug report so they know this issue exists and fix it.

also a full desktop pic and more details of what you did would be more helpful :)