PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Big problem plz help

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
i have instaled ubuntu 11.04 wubi on my pc with windows 7.
i installed and everything was going ok i navigate on ubuntu already.
but the problems star here i went on my ubuntu to the partition section and i format my windows partion to be the home partion and changed the nfts to ext, i did the upgrades but i forgot that theyr running yet and i restart my computer when it boot again it gaves me an error:
try (0,0) : nfts5 : wubildr
try (0,1) : ext2 :

and the windows7 says that i have to instal again.

so i went to another pc and i made a cd boot and a pen boot. i burned the iso (downloaded from the ubuntu oficial site the 11.04 32 bit version) image to the cd and pen drive prperly, i adjust my boot options to star from usb or cd rom and nothing im struck.

i really need help plz i dont know what else to do.

this problem is solved see how at my last post!

dino99
August 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM
makes a real install:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10161428&postcount=2

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 04:09 PM
sorry man but can u make me a tutorial?
cause im not so good at computers i only now the basics but im learning here many things.
and i learn quick if u can plz

F.G.
August 26th, 2011, 04:23 PM
i'd suggest that you boot up with live cd / usb stick and take off all the data you want to keep from the computer. then reinstall windows and ubuntu from scratch. (and preferably do a regular install of Ubuntu).

to use a live cd is easy. simply download ubuntu .iso, burn it to a disk. put it into you disk drive, start your computer, tap 'F12' (sometimes 'Esc', or i think 'F2'), before anything boots up (when you see the manufacturers initial image). then you'll get a list of devices to boot from, select 'cd/dvd drive' and then it will boot from the cd/dvd. you then get an option to try or install Ubuntu, select 'try' then you should be able to acess all the files on you computer. if you don;t care about the files on the computer then you can just click on 'install' and it will guide you through an installation.

be aware that if you want windows as well it's easier to install windows prior to installing ubuntu, so you should probably do that first, with whatever recovery medium you got with the machine originally.

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
thx all for support i solved my problem with ubuntu secured remix.
im now using ubuntu and enjoing it. i had a terrible 24 hours trying to solved this problem and finfing solutions. im not good at computers so this was my quest for those last 24 hours i learn a lot. so thx to all for suport to the ubuntu team also for putting all the solving issues at disposition and a big hug for all the community.
im new but happy here:P

F.G.
August 26th, 2011, 05:01 PM
congrats.
if you just spent the last 24hrs frustrated, trying to fix a computer and were finally successfull then it sounds like you've got exactly what it takes to be 'good at computers'.
enjoy your new OS.

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
congrats.
if you just spent the last 24hrs frustrated, trying to fix a computer and were finally successfull then it sounds like you've got exactly what it takes to be 'good at computers'.
enjoy your new OS.
look now my instalation is struck at copying instalation logs... i waited some time and i thought the pc had block so i restart the pc and now im struck again does it take so long or is a bug? cause i can navegate in some parts of ubuntu without the instalal like banshe preference stuff so it mean the pc is not stuck.

Hakunka-Matata
August 26th, 2011, 05:52 PM
thx all for support i solved my problem with ubuntu secured remix.
im now using ubuntu and enjoing it. i had a terrible 24 hours trying to solved this problem and finfing solutions. im not good at computers so this was my quest for those last 24 hours i learn a lot. so thx to all for suport to the ubuntu team also for putting all the solving issues at disposition and a big hug for all the community.
im new but happy here:P

Where did you get 'ubuntu secured remix'?

Oh, & congratulations on getting ubuntu installed and working.

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuntu-secured/files/ubuntu-secured-remix-11.04-32bits.iso/download

F.G.
August 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
i'm not that familiar with the 'secured remix', you should be able to get the regular version here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

so, did you get it installed? i usually find that it takes about 15-20 minutes to install ubuntu. a while of which is copying files. I imagine that the secured remix will probably take longer, it sounds like you may need to just wait.

i'm kind of unclear what stage you got to. are you running a live disk, trying to install ubuntu? or are you running an installed version and having trouble with that?

mugbomb
August 26th, 2011, 06:20 PM
i'm not that familiar with the 'secured remix', you should be able to get the regular version here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

so, did you get it installed? i usually find that it takes about 15-20 minutes to install ubuntu. a while of which is copying files. I imagine that the secured remix will probably take longer, it sounds like you may need to just wait.

i'm kind of unclear what stage you got to. are you running a live disk, trying to install ubuntu? or are you running an installed version and having trouble with that?
im running a cd to instal ubunt and is the last part where it says copying instaled files or something i have in portuguese so...
but yeah i might take a litle longer i tryid this time try first and next instal to see if the pc is stuck and it isnt so i maybe just have to wait a long journey.
thx for awsering.

F.G.
August 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
yes, that bit always takes a while, whatever operating system your installing. in fact Ubuntu is generally quicker to install then Windows, and some other version of linux (notably gentoo).