PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Cannot install Lubuntu! Help!

wushangwei
August 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I tried to install Lubuntu on my old computer. It's bought in the year 2002.
I had installed ubuntu and Deepin Linux( A Chinese linux based on Ubuntu). But they are too fat for my old computer with 256MB RAM. So decided on using Lubuntu.
I created a startup USB Stick with Universal USB Installer.
The first time & the second time
Could enter the installation. But when installation show it was copying files, the installation dumped.
Then I formated the USB Stick(Not quick format)
Reuse universal usb installer
then tried to install again.
BUT...
When entered the screen that shows blue background , the words"Lubuntu 11.04" and four flashing white points, it didn't continue on.
P.S. After entered the blue screen, at first, I saw the USB Stick was read. But some seconds later, it wasn't read anymore.

Please help me !

P.P.S
This time, I tried to test memory instead of choosing "Install Lubuntu" or "Try Lubuntu without installing". I think I found where the problem is. It says: Cannot Load a ramdisk with an old kernel image !

Please tell me how to solve this problem?

kerry_s
August 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM
256mb is not enough for the installer.

mörgæs
August 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9834517&postcount=261

wushangwei
August 26th, 2011, 01:19 PM
This time, I tried to test memory instead of choosing "Install Lubuntu" or "Try Lubuntu without installing". I think I found where the problem is. It says: Cannot Load a ramdisk with an old kernel image !

Please tell me how to solve this problem?

whatthefunk
August 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Try installing with an Alternate Install. The problem is probably that your computer cant handle the graphic installation program.

mörgæs
August 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
By the way, such an old computer might take a while to install. If the process appears frozen, just let it wait for some hours and see.