PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] MonacoOPTIX not initializing under dispcalGUI

rebeltaz
August 24th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I just got a MonacoOPTIX colorimeter, and I wanted to try it out. So I installed argyll 1.1.0-5, dispcalGUI 0.7.3.7 and gnome-color-manager 2.3.0-0. I plugged in the colorimeter, started dispcalGUI and the colorimeter was recognized in the drop-down list of devices as "i1 Display." I clicked on [Calibrate Only] then [Calibrate Only] (instead of [Create Profile Matrix]) and then [Start Measurement]. A terminal window pops up, too quickly for me to read, and then pops up the following error:

dispcal: Error - Configuring USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev4 (GretagMacbeth i1 Display)' to 1 failed with -71 (could not set config 1: Protocol error)

Can someone tell me why? and how to fix it? Thanks...

gesti
October 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
hello rebeltaz,

in dispcalGUI there is a Show Log option in Tools menu. This will show you the error from the console. (It probably will be the same error message that pops up for you after wards.)
See if this fixes it:

Plug your colorimeter in
Start dispcalGUI from terminal as root ( # sudo dispcalGUI )
Try to get your measurement.

Hope it will help.

PS: I can't see this MonacoOPTIX on the supported hardware list here (http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllDoc.html). Are you sure that your colorimeter supported by ArgyllCMS?

rebeltaz
October 27th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I re-downloaded the latest versions of both software and that seems to have dome the trick. Thanks...