PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Looking To Buy Ebay?

Kernel Sanders
May 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM
**LINK** (http://www.nypost.com/business/64226.htm)

What are your thoughts?

viciouslime
May 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well, I suppose they'll have to make money somehow when Ubuntu takes over windows :D

ComplexNumber
May 27th, 2006, 07:10 PM
the headline is misleading. Bill gates isn't hoping to buy ebay. hes hoping to use ebay to get shut off the lumbering deeply unpopular overgrown sloth once and for all so that he and his good wife can retire to a place where he has some friends. latest reports suggest that he's buying a space rocket.

RAV TUX
May 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM
**LINK** (http://www.nypost.com/business/64226.htm)

What are your thoughts?

This is a very misleading title!...Yahoo and EBAY just tied up a deal a few days ago.

viciouslime
May 27th, 2006, 07:17 PM
...hes hoping to use ebay to get shut off the lumbering deeply unpopular overgrown sloth once and for all so that he and his good wife can retire to a place where he has some friends. latest reports suggest that he's buying a space rocket.

LMAO! :D

Kernel Sanders
May 27th, 2006, 07:24 PM
This is a very misleading title! Microsoft would also have to buy Yahoo, since Yahoo and EBAY just tied up a deal a few days ago.

Microsoft was in the running but lost out to Yahoo! Yes they still have interest but the have interest in buying everything.

Remember Yahoo! still owns considerable shares of Google.

Ermm...... what? :confused:

One source close to the matter suggested the Yahoo-eBay tie-up would not stop Microsoft from pursuing the online auctioneer.

Yahoo didnt buy e-bay, they simply made a deal, one which Microsoft would be bound to honour should Microsoft buy Ebay

RAV TUX
May 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Ermm...... what? :confused:

Yahoo didnt buy e-bay, they simply made a deal, one which Microsoft would be bound to honour should Microsoft buy Ebay

I never said they bought EBAY, as you imply. I was simply illustrating the Title was misleading "This is a very misleading title!"

I said they "tied up a deal".

anyway the article is completely speculative. No real news.