PDA

View Full Version : Linux to Mac to Linux. Any helpful hints?

Roasted
August 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I just got a job in a school district with Mac systems. I full well knew they had Apples when I applied. Apple systems never intimidated me as I felt they were easy to use, yet relatively similar in a lot of the fundamentals regarding Linux. While I have a decent amount of Apple experience, I want to be as prepared as remotely possible.

They are transitioning to Ubuntu systems within the next 2-3 years, which was a strong reason for me applying in the first place. However, right now, today, their fleet is majority Apple. That said, I want to do as much reading as possible in the 3 weeks leading up to my start date so I can transition in as easily as possible.

This is an IT position, and I absolutely love the terminal, so I'm trying to find pinpointed sources that are right up this alley. Is there any reading materials anybody can recommend to me that could help bridge some gaps of my knowledge between the two platforms?

bodhi.zazen
August 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Any helpful hints?

Better title to your thread ?

Leave out the Mac stuff ?

Google ? I do not think the information you need is hard to find or Mac specific.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromMacOSX