PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity launcher appears on drag and drop

andrey_
August 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hello there,
I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 Unity.. the inconvenience I'm facing is that the launcher appears whenever I'm using the "Drag&drop" function in any application, for example Lotus Notes or Google Chrome.

Is there a way to prevent it from doing so?

P.S.: windows manager: Compiz, decorator:Emerald

travisHAZE
August 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I may be wrong on this, so if I am, call me out on it, but I feel like I've read somewhere that Emerald is an alternative to Compiz (another window manager)

Sorry I couldn't be more help, if Ubuntu/Linux was a 4 year college, I'd be in my 2nd semester.

andrey_
August 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
I may be wrong on this, so if I am, call me out on it, but I feel like I've read somewhere that Emerald is an alternative to Compiz (another window manager)

Sorry I couldn't be more help, if Ubuntu/Linux was a 4 year college, I'd be in my 2nd semester.

Thanks for your replay :)
Compiz is the Window Manager (alternative to Metacity) and Emerald is the window decorator (alternative to GTK window Decorator), Emerald requires an environment "Compiz" in order to function.

mc4man
August 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hello there,
I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 Unity.. the inconvenience I'm facing is that the launcher appears whenever I'm using the "Drag&drop" function in any application, for example Lotus Notes or Google Chrome.

Is there a way to prevent it from doing so?

No - there is no way to disable
There have been some fixes in this area in 11.10, whether applicable to your circumstances don't know.
I had a request in natty dev that this function should be made optional, but no go there.

andrey_
August 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
No - there is no way to disable
There have been some fixes in this area in 11.10, whether applicable to your circumstances don't know.
I had a request in natty dev that this function should be made optional, but no go there.

OK, thanks for your replay mc4man.