PDA

View Full Version : Movie i'm trying to think off

kmsalex
August 20th, 2011, 03:47 AM
so this was something i saw back in june at the end of my french class.

its about a girl who gets kidnaped in mexico (shes got supper bad luck) so her dad hires a privet investigater to try and find her, after a while he goes back to france to tell him he couldn't find her. so it was someone's idea to get a guy out of the office (the dad was some ceo) who had luck as bad as the girl. just getting to mexico proved problematic due to his horrible luck. they eventuly get there and after a bunch of physical comidy (and some desent puny jokes) they do find the girl due to the guys bad luck of getting hurt and ending up in the same hospital as her. the movie ends with both of them in bandages walking down to a dock which then breaks away from shore and floats off (credits role over them as they sail away)

my teacher told us all as a joke at first that he had a french movie in spanish with english subtitles... we though he was joking but the movie realy was spoken about half in french and about half in spanish with english subtiltes along the way. this seamed like a very nitch kind of movie so i'm not expecting mutch but if someone could tell me the name i'd be very thankfull. also sorry for any spelling but i'm not going back and checking mutch becuse i'm kind of in a rush (trying to rememberer this for someone tonight).

P.S. the movie was shot in the 70's

tjwoosta
August 20th, 2011, 04:07 AM
La Chèvre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Chèvre)

ihendley
August 20th, 2011, 04:09 AM
La Chèvre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ch%C3%A8vre)

Edit: Wow, I was too slow!

kmsalex
August 20th, 2011, 04:15 AM
THANK YOU BOTH:KS

I've been trying so hard to remeber this. now is when i wish there was a rep system in the forums!:D

Oxwivi
August 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
so this was something i saw back in june at the end of my french class.

its about a girl who gets kidnaped in mexico (shes got supper bad luck) so her dad hires a privet investigater to try and find her, after a while he goes back to france to tell him he couldn't find her. so it was someone's idea to get a guy out of the office (the dad was some ceo) who had luck as bad as the girl. just getting to mexico proved problematic due to his horrible luck. they eventuly get there and after a bunch of physical comidy (and some desent puny jokes) they do find the girl due to the guys bad luck of getting hurt and ending up in the same hospital as her. the movie ends with both of them in bandages walking down to a dock which then breaks away from shore and floats off (credits role over them as they sail away)

my teacher told us all as a joke at first that he had a french movie in spanish with english subtitles... we though he was joking but the movie realy was spoken about half in french and about half in spanish with english subtiltes along the way. this seamed like a very nitch kind of movie so i'm not expecting mutch but if someone could tell me the name i'd be very thankfull. also sorry for any spelling but i'm not going back and checking mutch becuse i'm kind of in a rush (trying to rememberer this for someone tonight).

P.S. the movie was shot in the 70's

Your spelling mistakes are very interesting...

chili555
August 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Your spelling mistakes are very interesting...I'm wondering if English is the native language in New Jersey.

kmsalex
August 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I have two words for both of you **** ***

p.s. jersey is not the jersey shore and its not much diffrant then pa, ny, even vermont, i've been to main once though, there rather odd up there.

p.p.s your speaking to a 16 who has been told he has a "learning disability" (makes air quotes with fingers) but i make up with it for a IQ in 130 (averaged), no one in the school system seams to understand me.

p.p.p.s i believe i not only apologised in the first post because i was in a hurry but then marked the tread as solved implying i no longer wish for replays.

p.p.p.p.s if you forgot **** ***

library88
August 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have two words for both of you **** ***

p.p.p.p.s if you forgot **** ***

Thank you for your constructive comments. I suggest you go over the UbuntuForums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy) before making further comments, though.

Oxwivi
August 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Why thank you, kmsalex, but I will reiterate your spelling mistakes were interesting. Your words match the pronunciations but it is unlike any spelling from any general speaker who doesn't know writing.

NB I don't care how you see this post but I am not being sarcastic.

Iowan
August 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Solved, now closed...
before someone gets more than a warning.