PDA

View Full Version : PlayOnLinux problem

WubiAR
August 20th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hello there,

I just finished installing Microsoft Office Word 2007 on Xubuntu 11.04. The entire setup went successfully and then when I go back to my PlayOnLinux window, I don't see any "Microsoft Office Word 2007" option as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh26YBy812M ...

kmsalex
August 20th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I know this isn't what you want to here, but have your realy tryed using abiword (defualt in xubuntu i belve) or tried installing libraoffice, its a bit more resource heavy then abi but shore as heck lighter then 07.

p.s. why 07 instead of 03? for that mater if your gonna use the newer ms offices why not 2010? I've used it and its just slightly more intuitive, but more importantly more stable and lighter.

Mark Phelps
August 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
...why not 2010? I've used it and its just slightly more intuitive, but more importantly more stable and lighter.

Maybe because ... Office 2010 doesn't work in Wine???

uRock
August 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Moved to Wine.

WubiAR
August 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Where can I find the location that the Microsoft Office files were installed to?

raja.genupula
August 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
look at your home directory , any folder with name of playonlinux (hidden files also)

WubiAR
August 22nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
look at your home directory , any folder with name of playonlinux (hidden files also)

Ok thank you but the problem is, when I go to my Applications Menu (the one with the mouse icon on it), the "Wine" menu and other programs that I have removed are still there (such as Java VirtualBox). How can I remove them from the Applications menu?

raja.genupula
August 22nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Ok thank you but the problem is, when I go to my Applications Menu (the one with the mouse icon on it), the "Wine" menu and other programs that I have removed are still there (such as Java VirtualBox). How can I remove them from the Applications menu?

open wine configuration (type wine in unity dash if you're using 11.04 )
there you can remove