PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu for ACER netbook

shakeitbaby
August 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I've got a small problem with select suit system for my netbook. Recently I had ASUS Eee PC and was big problem with a lot of drivers etc. Is it the same problem with ACER? Especially I think about acer aspire one aoa 150.
The other issue is efficiency - I work on this computer in AUTOCAD etc.
My favorite unix-system is UBUNTU. Is it possible that I'll meet the same problem as with my ASUS netbook?

Thank you in advance!

Paulgirardin
August 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I have 11.04 installed on an Aspire One PAV70.As a dual boot with Win 7.
Unity runs fine and so does everything else.I have not encountered any problems.:D

mikewhatever
August 17th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to try to find out.

shakeitbaby
August 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I have 11.04 installed on an Aspire One PAV70.As a dual boot with Win 7.
Unity runs fine and so does everything else.I have not encountered any problems.:D

Oh, so what do you think about install UBUNTU + WINDOWS XP on my netbook? I have just only 1GB RAM :(

Paulgirardin
August 18th, 2011, 09:14 PM
The PAV 70 also has 1 GB of ram.
You shouldn't have any problems.

It is probably wise to set up your partitions using the windows partitioner prior to installing Ubuntu.

shakeitbaby
August 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM
It is probably wise to set up your partitions using the windows partitioner prior to installing Ubuntu.

Why? Because of GRUB configuration?

Paulgirardin
August 19th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Apparently,Windows sometimes has a problem with other partition managers shrinking a windows volume.
If you get the windows partition manager to do the job, it won't shrink it to a size that will cause problems.