PDA

View Full Version : [other] some questions about openbox

Razzeeyy!
August 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi guys. I'm experimenting in ubuntu 11.04 with replacing gnome DE with openbox+some apps. And there is one problem i having with openbox. I'm using trayer to provide a simple system tray. But when I'm pressing hotkey to hide all windows trayer minimizes too! I want another behavior. I want trayer not to minimize at all. So how can i prevent trayer from minimization? I tryed openbox per-application rules but there is no such function.
Thank you.

P.S. Dunno where to post this problem. Feels like I'm posting offtop. If so -- sorry.

aeiah
August 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
ive just had a look at the per-applications settings and yea, there isnt anything you could really use. what is handling the show desktop shortcut? (is it still gnome?) you might be able to set exeptions in there.

Razzeeyy!
August 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
ive just had a look at the per-applications settings and yea, there isnt anything you could really use. what is handling the show desktop shortcut? (is it still gnome?) you might be able to set exeptions in there.

No, i'm using clean openbox. So openbox still handling the show desktop (Super+D) shortcut. Is there any stand-alone applications to control window behavior?