PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Troubleshooting Shutdown issues

gcave
August 17th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I am running 11.04 32-bit Lubuntu on my netbook. What a fantastic OS it is. I am really pleased.

My issue is that when I shut the machine down it stops at the logout screen. There is a message that says "all processes end in 2 seconds" or something similar.

I check /var/log/syslog and /var/log/dmesg but do not see a "smoking gun". What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

amjjawad
August 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I am running 11.04 32-bit Lubuntu on my netbook. What a fantastic OS it is. I am really pleased.

My issue is that when I shut the machine down it stops at the logout screen. There is a message that says "all processes end in 2 seconds" or something similar.

I check /var/log/syslog and /var/log/dmesg but do not see a "smoking gun". What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Hi,

Try this:

Accessories > LXTerminal

sudo shutdown -P now

laidback
August 28th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Problems I've had with shutdown from version 10.x onwards have been associated with Quickstarter in Open Office (Libre Office now I think).

Open the Wordprocessor (or any other application from the suite). Choose Tools>Options>Memory and then make sure that "Enable systray Quickstarter" box is unchecked.

I believe that in version 11.x Quickstarter is enabled by default.

amjjawad
August 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Problems I've had with shutdown from version 10.x onwards have been associated with Quickstarter in Open Office (Libre Office now I think).

Open the Wordprocessor (or any other application from the suite). Choose Tools>Options>Memory and then make sure that "Enable systray Quickstarter" box is unchecked.

I believe that in version 11.x Quickstarter is enabled by default.

I am running 11.04 32-bit Lubuntu on my netbook.

Lubuntu does NOT have Open Office nor Libre Office. Lubuntu comes with AbiWord, Gnumeric and Osmo for Office Apps ;)

Kevin McCready
March 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
which is why in Lubuntu I wiped out abiword and installed libreoffice-writer and have never looked back. if only I could easily do the same for PCManFM.

Elfy
March 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Old thread closed.