PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Keryx and Aptoncd

widimgt
August 17th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Hi All.. :KS

I just install ubuntu 11.04 and want update repository by offline using keryx, but i can't run keryx exutable file on my ubuntu. Some people tell me to install python-wxversion first, i already doing and try to run keryx again but no respond..
I also try to update repository using aptoncd, i can run aptoncd but when i press load button to find .iso files no respond..??

Maybe some people can help me please...... ?????

steve11911
August 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
The keryx project has a homepage with a tutorial and a forum.

http://keryxproject.org/

oldmankit
August 29th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I'm in a similar position. I have a new laptop and a very very slow internet connection. I want to copy all of the installed packages from the old computer (which is fully up-to-date) without re-downloading. I'm using Natty.

I have looked on the forums and it appears that Keryx and Aptoncd are not really up-to-date. I had very limited success with aptoncd, which failed to produce a complete list of packages (many were missing, even ones I've recently updated and which therefore definitely reside in /var/cache/apt/archives).

keryx will not install in Natty because it uses an older version of python and will not accept the newer one that comes with Natty. I don't really want to build Keryx from source, I'll just pay for fast wifi in a coffee shop and re-download.

I'm a bit disappointed that there is no easy way to do this. Not everyone that uses Linux has broadband!

If anyone has had a more positive experience than me and can recommend a way forwards, I'd be glad to hear it.

vasa1
September 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
... Not everyone that uses Linux has broadband!
+1

It really would be nice to have something simple to facilitate off-line updating for 11.04 and future releases. Internet quality and availability is really a concern for a lot of people.

Even if it's a multi-step process, I wouldn't mind.

plant pot
September 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I had a lot of trouble. Then I wrote up my solution.

"Keryx v1.0 Ubuntu 11.04 mini-guide --it DOES work"
http://keryxproject.org/forums/index.php?topic=130&limit=1#p556

It looks to me like my link will directly solve your problem.
--

oldmankit
September 29th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to write-up your solution.

After reading through it, my point remains, however, that this is not very easy, and I think it should be. But perhaps there just isn't the demand for it.