PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] StarCraft issues

UserName17
August 17th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone on here runs SC in Ubuntu and can help me with some issues. Im running 11.04 right now with wine. Iv gotten SC and broodwar running but i cant install patches to play online, and SC2 simply wont run the installer. I know there are people out there running these games in Ubuntu but i cant find any info on these issues. If anyone out there can help id be great full. thanks!

sffvba[e0rt
August 17th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I cannot help with SC1, but I found installing the latest version of Playonlinux (http://www.playonlinux.com/en/)from their site made installing and playing SC2 super easy.

Regards

UserName17
August 17th, 2011, 02:32 AM
PlayOnLinux helped me install the Original Starcraft patches... but still wont install SC2, just takes me to terminal with an error message. Turns out i already had POL but i forgot i did haha.

sffvba[e0rt
August 17th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I had to get the latest one from their site as the one available with Ubuntu is a few versions behind... maybe check if that helps...

UserName17
August 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Its installed now, but the patch updates are giving me trouble haha. always something, been watching with Firestarter and it just drops the connection to blizzard every few min, gotta restart it a few times to make progress then restart my system, there is prob a better way to do it but this is working right now... only 8 more to go haha. Thanks for the help man, hopefully once its patched that will be the end of the problems. gonna prob mark this thread solved.