PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity Bar Does Not Hide

asad.bukhari
August 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
After clicking something in the unity bar, it does not auto hide as it usually does. It stays in front of windows (even if they are maximized). This happens occasionally. It's an issue b/c it blocks a part of my desktop from view. For example, in an instance when the unity bar does not auto hide, I cannot hit the back button on my web browser and must minimize the firefox window to do so....

How can I fix this?

Frogs Hair
August 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Open the Compiz CCSM if installed and check your settings in the Unity plugin settings.

If it is set to auto-hide , open the terminal and try this command .

unity --reset

Frogs Hair
August 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Open the Compiz CCSM if installed and check your settings in the Unity plugin settings.

If it is set to auto-hide , open the terminal and try this command .

unity --reset
After reseting Unity you will need to enable auto-hide again .

asad.bukhari
August 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I installed compiz ccsm and fixed the issue through there as you described.

I have another basic question:
Compiz ccsm seems better than the default app installed to configure settings. Now that I've installed it, I can get rid of the default app without any problems, yes?

Frogs Hair
August 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I have never bothered removed the basic Compiz settings after installing the CCSM , so I don't the answer .

asad.bukhari
August 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
No worries. Thanks for the help :)

WanderingAlbatross
October 18th, 2011, 04:25 AM
The same thing did not work for me. I wonder if it is because I am using unity-2d. When I type:

unity --reset

It says

The program 'unity' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install unity

WanderingAlbatross
October 19th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I eventually found the answer here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1863532).