PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] google earth and flash player...

werty2010
August 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
when i enable and try to view certain things in google earth like youtube and cousteau videos, it gives me this message:

Viewing this content requires Adobe Flash player, but it is not installed.

Flash player, at least on firefox, works great.
some help to figure this out?

sanderd17
August 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
The problem is that the Linux version of Google Earth is in fact the same as the Windows version, with Wine packed inside it.

So Google Earth is searching for Flash inside the Wine installation of that program. But there is no Flash inside that Wine installation.

This is what the reason for the problem is, but I don't know how you can solve it. Maybe there is no sollution with the Linux version of Google Earth.

It may be possible to install the Windows version Google Earth inside Wine and also install Flash inside Wine. But I never tried it, and Wine can always be tricky.

haqking
August 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
mmm

You mean when you click on a youtube marker and view the video ?

Works fine for me.

I am running 10.10 meerkat with flash aid recenlty but recently upgraded to the Flash11 beta from adobe for 64 bit which works great.

Google earth has always workd including youtube.

My google earth version details are as follows.

Build Date
Nov 11, 2009
Build Time
4:39:12 pm
Renderer
OpenGL
Operating System
Linux (2.6.35.0)
Video Driver
NVIDIA Corporation
Max Texture Size
8192x8192
Server
kh.google.com

oldos2er
August 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I would love to know how you got it to work. Filed this bug http://bit.ly/n0vdU2 but all Google says is flash isn't supported on Linux.

werty2010
August 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I would love to know how you got it to work. Filed this bug http://bit.ly/n0vdU2 but all Google says is flash isn't supported on Linux.

+1

haqking if you or anyone else actually made it work please post a link/some info for the rest of us

haqking
August 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
+1

haqking if you or anyone else actually made it work please post a link/some info for the rest of us

i havent dont anything other than a standard install.

Actually i just went to Google page to download latest version. which is version 6.

I have both versions installed now, google 6 gives me the flash plugin message.

My previous version stilll works fine though ;-)