PDA

View Full Version : hi ,,

fan1230
August 16th, 2011, 05:30 AM
HI i am using ubuntu for first time,really impressed with it.Don't know why people go after windows.

lisati
August 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Not a support request
Thread moved to The Community Cafe.

idoitprone
August 16th, 2011, 05:45 AM
HI i am using ubuntu for first time,really impressed with it.Don't know why people go after windows.

welcome from the vendor locked window
this is kidda not the forum to be disscusing this topic.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/20878

there is alot of blogs about this topic. This might end up into a flame war especially if you include mac

Edit: Dawm that was fast. It was before I had a chance to reply-I starting to think forum mod are mindless drones that automatically work on interrupts

ClientAlive
August 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Hi,

Glad you like it and welcome to the forums too. Stick around a bit, you'll love the folks here (well most of em' anyway - I'm kidding ;)

I started using Ubuntu about (4 mos?) ago. Well whatever the sign up date is listed for me - it was right about that time. This has been my first experience with Linux and I love it (well, most of the time).

Sometimes there are challenges and it gets a bit frustrating but I get through it. If you want to really learn about computers and operating systems, programs, etc - then Linux is a great opportunity for that. I'm rambling . . . Just thought I'd say hi, and welcome!

Be blessed friend.

Jake
-----------------------

techtabu
August 16th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Welcome bro/sis.. New experience for me too, have been using for a month now. As Jake (ClientAlive) said, its frustrating sometimes when you move from MS to Linux for the first time. But I am expecting a wonderful experience as the time goes..

Megaptera
August 16th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,
Glad you like Ubuntu. It's fantastic that an O/S is free and it gives people the choice of Linux, Windows or both depending on their needs and comfort levels.

limthasage07
August 16th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Welcome, comrade! Glad you're enjoying Ubuntu! :D This is also my first time using//running a Linux OS full-time, but I have some basic knowledge and experience running Ubuntu, BackTrack, and Fedora (BackTrack and Fedora via VMs and for lab purposes).

Yeah, it's kinda hard at first when you switch over from Windows to Ubuntu, but it gets fun in the long run, and you get to adapt more and more.

flyfishingphil
August 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Welcome to Ubuntu fan. Have fun, play around, experiment and, when you mess it up totally, stop by Absolute Beginners and ask away. Lots of good help in there. I've been using Ubuntu for a little while and would never go back to Windough$, especially once you get it figured out and realize how much you can do for free.

ki4jgt
August 16th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Welcome. I've been using Linux for 5 years, and Ubuntu for four of those five years. It's one of the best OSs I can think of. If you have suggestions for the OS at any time, please visit this site.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com

Oxwivi
August 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Don't know why people go after windows.

Cause they don't know about Ubuntu.

And guys, you are turning this into a welcome thread...

sffvba[e0rt
August 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cause they don't know about Ubuntu.

Well... it is either a welcome thread or a recurring discussion (why Windows indeed) ;)

Anyhow, welcome to the community :KS

forrestcupp
August 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Don't know why people go after windows.Keep using it for a while, and maybe you'll get a few ideas of why. ;)

The OP turned it into a welcome thread. ;)