PDA

View Full Version : Mmm..Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu...they're gonna rock!!

elijahclarity
May 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Just now I've pleased my eyes with the awesome screenshots at OSDir of Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu and Xubuntu.....ALL of them look so much more awesome now! Being a Kubuntu user, I'm extremely pleased to see the revamped look of Ubuntu....so much more proffessional & slick than the last release. The splash screen of Ubuntu & Edubuntu (after the login screen) look so much nicer now!:p I LOVE IT!!

But now I'm really going mad...I seem to be liking ALL of them....and I think I'd try EACH one of them in turn to see which suits me best! Who knows, perhaps I may switch to Edubuntu or Xubuntu!!:cool:
I think this is going to be their BEST releases so far!

I can't wait for June 1](*,) .......coincidentally my birthday too falls in June...but on 26th:( but I should be happy coz I'm getting my birthday presents far earlier!:mrgreen:

Long live Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Xubuntu!=D>

Sef
May 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM
and I think I'd try EACH one of them in turn to see which suits me best!

Best way to decide what you like.

But now I'm really going mad.

As a birthday present, I'll send you a one size fits all strait jacket. What color would you like it in?:lol:

Super King
May 26th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I'm feeling the same way, I'm mixed between the new Ubuntu and Xubuntu. Decisions, decisions....

elijahclarity
May 26th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ;)

bruce89
May 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ;)
Eh?

Christmas
May 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I have Kubuntu 6.06 Flight 7 and I did a "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop", so I think this should install all the packages from Ubuntu 6.06 RC 1. It looks like ****. They mixed the brown theme with blue colors, changed the way the scroll bars look like (and that's awful). Don't know if I would get the same results installing from the ISO image, but if yes, I strongly hope they'll change the way Ubuntu looks until the release time.

GarethMB
May 26th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I have Kubuntu 6.06 Flight 7 and I did a "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop", so I think this should install all the packages from Ubuntu 6.06 RC 1. It looks like ****. They mixed the brown theme with blue colors, changed the way the scroll bars look like (and that's awful). Don't know if I would get the same results installing from the ISO image, but if yes, I strongly hope they'll change the way Ubuntu looks until the release time.
Thats ubuntu and kubuntu mixing i think. My Human theme is pretty darn lush.

bruce89
May 26th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Blue!, it's not supposed to be, if you want to see what it should look like - http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=651&slide=3&title=ubuntu+6.06+rc+screenshots

bonzodog
May 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM
yup, I'm a Xubuntu user, XFCE 4.4 rocks!!!
I am already running it, it's just so cool. Have got a green screen terminal like theme running though, have found it the easiest to use (see my screenies in the Gallery).