PDA

View Full Version : anyone here use google music?

WinterMadness
August 14th, 2011, 04:27 PM
it works on linux natively which is nice. The only problem is that I cant seem to get the music app on my phone to see the music ive uploaded to their server

anyone else use it? thoughts? also how do i fix my problem

mendhak
August 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, it is working for me on my Android phones. What are you using, Android, iOs, WM7?

If it's Android, open the Music app, go to Settings, then tap "Google Account". If you want to compare, I've taken a screenshot of my settings here.

http://i.imgur.com/bPP21.png

WinterMadness
August 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
yeah my problem was that for some reason auto sync was off. lol

I really like this service though. At least now linux users have something like this

kaldor
August 14th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I prefer to avoid as much cloud-based stuff as I can. For non-important documents/pictures/whatever, I use Dropbox and Ubuntu One. For email I use GMail, but that's about it. I don't want to rely on the cloud.

I have over 2 TB of space available across my computers... why do I need to put anything on someone else's? Sure, I might need a file on someone else's computer or when traveling. But, that's what USB keys are for.

WinterMadness
August 14th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I dont like lugging things around, that includes USB drives or mp3 players. I have my phone, and that should be all I carry (and yeah, my phone should substitute for my keys)

So with that being said, I like having everything no matter where I go. Im always connected to the net anyway, and I have my phone to tether on if my cable goes down.

aysiu
August 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I prefer to avoid as much cloud-based stuff as I can. For non-important documents/pictures/whatever, I use Dropbox and Ubuntu One. For email I use GMail, but that's about it. I don't want to rely on the cloud.

I have over 2 TB of space available across my computers... why do I need to put anything on someone else's? Sure, I might need a file on someone else's computer or when traveling. But, that's what USB keys are for. Suppose there's a fire in your apartment or house and then all your 2 TB are gone?

Using Google Music doesn't mean storing music exclusively on Google's servers. It can be yet another redundant backup, which can never hurt to have.

Spr0k3t
August 15th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I use Google Music and love it. I use it primarily for work and my android devices. I don't have to have the music on my android stuffs leaving more space on the devices for important things, like custom roms and hacking tools.

Linye
August 16th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I use google music and its awesome. I don't see it as backup of my music, just a tool to listen to my music in my phone without taking space in the SD card

v1ad
August 16th, 2011, 01:03 AM
invite??!!