PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Who said Windows is good for nothing?

Inodoro Pereyra
August 14th, 2011, 02:24 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net.edgesuite.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198883_149376521791990_100001589305341_320949_1573 617_n.jpg

:lolflag:

haqking
August 14th, 2011, 02:29 AM
What has windows got to do with a cat and a laptop ? The laptop could be running any OS for a cat to be able to lay on the keyboard ?

Thewhistlingwind
August 14th, 2011, 02:33 AM
What has windows got to do with a cat and a laptop ? The laptop could be running any OS for a cat to be able to lay on the keyboard ?

+1

I'd be afraid it was going to urinate on the keyboard, and promptly shoo it off.

haqking
August 14th, 2011, 02:34 AM
perhaps it was after the mouse

dmizer
August 14th, 2011, 02:38 AM

+1

I'd be afraid it was going to urinate on the keyboard, and promptly shoo it off.

hu·mor [hyoo-mer or, often, yoo-]
noun

a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.

AKA not to be taken seriously.

haqking
August 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM
noun

a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.

post any definition you like, though i am already aware of the meaning of Humor

it still does not relate to windows.

AKA its the cafe so dont be so serious ;-)

IWantFroyo
August 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I don't see a start menu on that computer's screen...

dmizer
August 14th, 2011, 02:48 AM
AKA its the cafe so dont be so serious ;-)

Exactly!

haqking
August 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
perhaps it was after the mouse

Exactly!

I wasnt taking it seriously ;-)

Inodoro Pereyra
August 14th, 2011, 02:51 AM
noun

Thank you Dmizer!
I was starting to think everybody here had the sense of humor of a brick...

Alwimo
August 14th, 2011, 03:37 AM
The bar is on the right hand side of the screen.

jimrz
August 14th, 2011, 03:53 AM
thank you dmizer!
I was starting to think everybody here had the sense of humor of a brick...

+1

galacticaboy
August 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM
noun

I am glad someone else sees most of these threads like I do! lol

DZ*
August 14th, 2011, 03:59 AM

There you go!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070730183712/uncyclopedia/images/9/9f/You_hafta_push_the_start_button.jpg

Timmer1240
August 14th, 2011, 04:05 AM
it could be running YLMF the xp lookalike linux distro!

akand074
August 14th, 2011, 04:14 AM

Perhaps Windows is causing the laptop to overheat, which in turn makes it a more comfortable nap spot for the cat :o

undecim
August 14th, 2011, 04:27 AM

Windows is more bloated, using more CPU ad generating more heat for teh kitty's comfort.

A cool, low-resource-consuming Linux desktop would not have provided such... Well... except for Unity, and some KDE configurations.

Inodoro Pereyra
August 14th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Perhaps Windows is causing the laptop to overheat, which in turn makes it a more comfortable nap spot for the cat :o

Windows is more bloated, using more CPU ad generating more heat for teh kitty's comfort.

A cool, low-resource-consuming Linux desktop would not have provided such... Well... except for Unity, and some KDE configurations.

Or maybe the poor cat just got tired of waiting for the Windows to load. After all, it is XP...:lolflag:

uRock
August 14th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Windows keeps the laptop kool and kozy, ubuntu is known for warming the system up a bit.

Megaptera
August 14th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Oh no!! Cat on Ubuntu http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=682773

but it does look like XP in a virtual box (to be fair!)

sffvba[e0rt
August 14th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Windows keeps the laptop kool and kozy, ubuntu is known for warming the system up a bit.

This. If it was running Natty the system would be way to hot for the poor cat to have a comfortable nap :p

(Sad part is the above statement has a high probability of being true)