PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 boot up problem

Pacerola
August 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
When I try to boot I only get to the grub rescue prompt doesn't matter if I try booting from ubuntu 11.04 cd windows 7 disc or the hard drive. At the moment ubuntu 11.04 should be installed although it gave me a ton of errors as I installed it and as soon as i restarted the computer i got this prompt.

I would be very thankful for any help I could get and I'm totally green when it comes to linux and grub so basic language would be appreciated.

I should also ad that ubuntu 11.04 is the only thing I have installed at the moment.

drs305
August 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Pacerola

Welcome to the Ubuntu forums.

Either your CD drive is not working correctly or your BIOS is not set up to boot the CD first. Enter BIOS during boot (this entails pressing a key such as DEL, F1, etc) and ensure the system is set to boot the CD drive first.

If it is already set to boot the CD drive first, listen to see if the CD spins up during boot.

If you can get to the Ubuntu desktop, please go to the following site and download/extract/run the boot info script. Post the contents of RESULTS.txt, which will show us the status of your boot files.
http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net

Pacerola
August 13th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, it spins up but it stops a bit fast do question is if it gets contact with the controller. I just installed it and it ran fine during the first installation. I'll try to install the it into my other computer and see if it's fine there. Thanks for your help so far.

And thanks for the welcome btw.